Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Little Part

I know I may whine and complain about my job sometimes but it really is a very cool job. In these parts of the woods the wind farms are a very big deal, they even brought the town of Wasco back from the brink of nothingness. So even though I may have to walk 75 miles a week during the migration seasons(which has made me skinnier than I have ever been and well toned too), I am involved in something that is huge. Not only are these wind farms known throughout the state of Oregon and probably Washington too, they are good for both the economy and the environment. On top of all that every once in a while (more recently due to the start of the next phase) you get to see the turbines being shipped to the building sites, by way of downtown Wasco, drive by. The turbines are a sight to see in themselves. Each blade is 120 feet long and I could probably drive my car through the base of the tower without scraping the sides. I really like working for WEST Inc. too. They carry out projects and studies that are right up my alley, if I can only get hired on permanently.
The above is a sticker I got to mark my time here on my Nalgene bottle and the one below is the best I could get in real life to the sticker. That's Mount Hood in the background.

Well time to watch some Battlestar Galactica, talk at ya later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gramma said...

How many people do you know who get up every morning and just hate to go to work, grumbling all the way and nit-picking when they get there. It is such a good thing that you really enjoy your work. It makes the time go faster and sure is great actually getting a pay check for having fun.

Here's a neat recipe for you to use on Red Velvet Cake, or any chocolate or spice cake:

Boil one cup of milk with five tablespoons of flour stirring until thick. COOL completely.

Cream together one cup of sugar and one cup of butter with one teaspoon vanilla. When nice and fluffy, add the milk/flour mixture and beat, beat, beat. Maybe five to ten minutes. It spreads well and tastes wonderful.

Try it,you'll like it.I researched the recipe on internet for old original red velvet cake. It dates back to the early 50's. Don't know why it was tossed by the wayside...maybe because we buy everything in boxes now.

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You rock, sister mine. :)

10:38 PM  
Blogger Jailgy said...

Its good to be doing good for the ecosystem, and even better to like doing it. I'm glad you see the importance to it, not enough do.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home