Sunday, July 27, 2008

Harvest

Yay!! It's finally harvest time. Well actually it started last week and will continue for about 3 more weeks but it has started. This is a combine used for harvesting and is very large. This huge smile on my face is because I will soon no longer have to walk through wheat that is up to my waist and chest and just forget about seeing anything I step on before I step on it. From here on out I predict the hardest obsticle to work with out here will be more plowed dirt and lots of squishy mud.
Here is a picture of a very pretty wildflower I ran across a few days ago.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um... we need to feed you :P

But yay for being able to see where you're walking :)

4:47 PM  
Blogger Gramma said...

Above a field of golden grain
A young boy's head is plainly seen
A hooya, hooya, hooya ya
Swiftly flowing water
A hooya, hooya, hooya ya
Swiftly flowing lavay

As well as I can remember this camp fire song:

c c e g g a c c
g c c d d g a c
g g f f e e
c e g e g e g g
g g f f e e

Yipee for harvest. I remember the stories of Amish and Mennonite women preparing sumptious food for all the neighbors who came to help with the harvest...not just supper, but also mid morning snacks, lunch and mid-afternoon treats, always with hot coffee or lemonade.

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home