Thursday, February 21, 2008

Blisters

Today was a good day but I got some crazy blisters. Here are the pictures of the old merchandise building next door to me and the Oskaloosa Hotel I am staying at. The buildings here are old but there are some very nice Victorian houses I will have to get pictures of. The yard in the picture of the old store is part of the hotel yard and my neighbors who own the hotel are very nice and BBQed T-bone steaks for us on Tuesday so we ate on the picnic bench. Very nice people. More on the job next time. Good night.








4 Comments:

Blogger Gramma said...

Steaks yet! Of course any BBQ hits the spot anytime of the day, anytime of the year. Here it just seems like too much trouble to get the Hibachi out of his hidey hole in the garage. Several years ago we had it sitting on our glass topped patio table. Said top not only cracked, but into pieces. Maybe that is the reason we shied away from using it for a while.

I hope you have substantial rain gear for it's one thing to be cold or wet, but cold AND wet is for the birds.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a good place to be :) Hope your feet feel better...you'll get used to it again.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Jailgy said...

Remember Algiers? Reminds me a bit of it. Could be the overcast sky. I wonder what/when your first bird sighting will be?

8:51 PM  
Blogger Gramma said...

After some pretty, sunshiny days with gentle breezes and fluffy clouds, we have gloom again. But, there is a happy note...my newest daffodils are nodding their heads and smiling at me.Kedj and one of her friends who tripped to Maui with her, just took off to Indio to go to David Blake and Heather Jacobsen's wedding. Many of the rest of us did not get invitations. I guess you can understand that when you learn that they're going to be forty-five immediate family in attendance.

Do you see Spring springing? Hope you are keeping well and staying away from those nasty germs out there. I don't have your E-mail address.

Keep your chin up! I love you.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home