Monday, July 10, 2006

My House Inside


All last week we were working the streams of the area. Actually we were in northern Nevada. We were looking for frogs and toads which was tons of fun but the mosquitoes thought I was mighty tasty and bit me all over my arms, face, neck and back. They were quite painful for a while. Falling down in the stream and getting my waders full of water felt really good though. Also if anyone has ever been touched by a stinging nettle plant they will know that it is not very pleasant. This week we are back to our regular plots and transects. It is still hot here but not unbearable like a few weeks back.
This past Saturday it was my turn to check the reptile traps so Colorado and I decided to make a day of it. We went to check the traps together then went to a Bird of Prey Conservation area and went swimming in the Snake River. The only birds we saw were a Golden Eagle and some American Kestrels. However, I did get to handle and measure a rare snake that was caught in one of the traps. It was a Stripped Whip Snake, it has a couple strips down each side and a light, rosy, pink on the rear of the underbelly. Tomorrow I should have an easy day. The first part we are going out to our plot and checking the mammal traps then coming back to the office to finally enter some data. The database and spreadsheets are finally up and running, we hope.
These pictures are of my room (I took the picture from my bed and the wall behind me pretty much looks like this wall and the window above the garage is to the left), living room with our lawn furniture and the opposite wall with a map of the U.S. that has push pins in everyone's home town (the front door is to the right).
Love you all and goodnight!

10 Comments:

Blogger Jailgy said...

Sorry about the nettles, not good. Keep Benadryl on hand for the mosquito bites. The snake sounds pretty. Our Lake Hemet has a pair of nesting Bald Eagles with a chick! (as reported in their newsletter) Your place looks pretty sparse, yet. Did you have a wake? I saw the black streamers and black bowling(?)ball.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Jailgy said...

I only could see three push-pins but could see that you were watching Numb3rs.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need more furniture! and piles of clothes, and dirty dishes, and scattered papers... -N

2:03 AM  
Blogger Gliterwolf said...

It is a black balloon and it was New Yorks idea for the birthday party. I'll try to get a better picture posted of the map.

5:22 PM  
Blogger SAJ said...

you guys look like you are in desperate need of an Ikea. Oh, right, you're scientists. Never mind.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Jailgy said...

I want you to spread the pictures in your room around. Put some space between them so you can enjoy them seperately. Be creative, not, you know, something.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Gliterwolf said...

I tried to share the push pins between pictures because we have to fix the holes in the walls before we leave. This way there are less holes.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Gliterwolf said...

There is really no point in getting actually furniture since we will only be here for four more months.

8:23 PM  
Blogger SAJ said...

you know I'm just giving you a hard time, right? Leave it to you to be so smart about the push pin holes. :)

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been told that toothpaste is a good filler for small holes. I got this from someone whom you know very well. Hint they moved from one end of the globe to another.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home