Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Graduation

As most of you know, I graduated last Saturday with my bachelor's in Biological Sciences. It was a very short visit but very tiring at the same time. I had an absolute blast though. I got in on Friday night only a few hours after my big sis did then basically went right to bed after getting in. The next day I was up early due to my current early bird schedule for work and the time difference. My mom, dad and I chatted and waited for my sis to wake up so we could open presents and go to my graduation dinner. When she finally got up we opened presents, which I love all of them and thank everyone for them, then we ran off to Outback. YUMMY!! All this took just the right amount of time for us to arrive at my school. After getting me a lai my family went off to find seats and I went to check in. I saw many of my classmates from my vertebrate class but not from many other classes. It was very good to see them and find out that many of them are also doing internships like mine but most were in California.
As we walked out onto the track field the graduation song was playing (of course) and I got a good size bounce in my step and began to walk with deliberation. I had finally made it to the day I get to wear the crooked hat and become an official success!! After we all made it to our seats there was a whole bunch of talking by faculty, past graduates and current graduates, I don't remember much of it. Then came time for me to walk across the stage and shake hands with the important people and get my stand in paper. No nervousness here just pride and excitement. After a few more words we switched the tassels to the other side and sung our alma mater. Then we were released.
I really should have kept my cell phone on me cause it was terrible hard to find my friends and family in the crowd. I was about to walk the long distance to the bell tower (that is where I said to meet) when one of my friends found me and called everyone else. Soon after they "kidnapped" me and my sis then we hung out all night.
It was such a short but wonderful visit.
Then came the trip home to Idaho. My first flight leaving Ontario was delayed two hours so when I finally got to Salt Lake City the last flight to Sun Valley had already left. Delta put me up in a hotel and gave me a $7.00 voucher for food and put me on the first flight to Sun Valley in the morning. It was a very good thing the airport had a Starbucks.
By the time I got back home I had missed 4 hours of work but it was o.k. since I had called them as soon as I found out about the delay and I have some overtime hours saved up. I would rather use the hours on a vacation or something like that but I guess that is what they are there for. I was still able to get 9 hours of work done yesterday though so I only had to use 1 hour of overtime to get my 10 hours. Today at work was more of the same, I was able to log into the computers at work but I still don't have an account. I have some cool pics to look at of gopher snakes and such. My mom still has all the graduation pics but I was able to get pics of the day at the falls onto my computer so take a look at that entry to see my friends and roommates.

5 Comments:

Blogger SAJ said...

Congratulations Ta! So where's your sis's blog?

11:23 PM  
Blogger Jailgy said...

Everything took just the right amount of time cause Da planned it so. I'm glad you had a good trip down here. I don't think I have ever seen you happier! I'm sorry about the delayed flight. We already miss you, so hurry with the internship and come home. BTW which pics do you want?

11:50 PM  
Blogger Gliterwolf said...

Any pics that are good. I want some to put on my blog but also some just for my own personal viewing. Definately want the pic with you me and dad and some of Nic.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Jailgy said...

I need more updates on what you are doing. I will try to shrink the pictures so they aren't so big. Give me a little time.

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats cool i like that pic with the mountain in it

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home