Monday, June 12, 2006

Transects

Today we started to do our transects. This consists of a hexagon with each side being 200 m. The first one we did today was the vegetation transect. This consist of going on each line plus the baseline which goes down the middle of the hexagon and dropping a stick every 10 m then recording what vegetation is growing in that spot. Then after that was all done and running out of water, we set up small mammal traps on the same lines only they were set every 20 m. Needless to say all three of us got dehydrated today so tomorrow I will be bring a whole gallon of water instead of just 1 liter. After I got two bottles of Gatorade in me I felt just fine. I think I should go to Costco and get a whole case of Gatorade. Today was a good day (except the dehydration thing) we finally started doing what we are here to do! Well I have got to hit the hay now because I am exhausted, but in a good way, and we start at 6 am tomorrow. Love you all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jailgy said...

Gatorade might be a good thing especially since HCTZ tends to deplete the body of potassium too. Gotta keep those electrolytes in balance. I'll be interested in finding out what you catch in those traps. When do you check them?

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home