Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Cold to Hot

First of all let me give you a run down of my day at work. We did another bird survey, not many birds due to the cold weather, then we checked the traps again and there were many more than yesterday but I don't have the exact numbers with me. The first mammals we found were two voles in the reptile array bucket, voles are like mice but they have really furry ears, shorter tails and flatter faces. I thought it was funny that there were two recaptures that got trapped in the exact same traps as they did yesterday. During all this it began to rain but we had to get the mammals done so they could eat breakfast and feed their babies. I got soaked and frozen so we decided to go to the truck and warm up which felt great. Then we looked for more reptiles and found none, even though the sun came out a little, so we loaded up and went to our next area to eat lunch and start setting that area up. While eating the rain began again so we took a little cat nap while waiting for the rain to stop or at least slow down. This new area is completely different even thought it is only 1-2 miles away. Check out the photos, old area is the sage brush and the new area is the grass. Finally we were able to start building a hexagon in the new area and got half way done then had to go back to the old area and set the traps again.
Tomorrow I will tell you more about my house since I should get off work around 4 I can take photos in the daylight and give you a virtual tour. And yes I seem to be destined to live above garages and no we don't have furniture, well with the exception of a couple canvas chairs. (Mine has a foot rest.)

2 Comments:

Blogger SAJ said...

I love voles with fuzzy ears!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Jailgy said...

I see you got the other glove. That is good 'cause I'm sure those little guys can bite. Why are you catching mammals in the reptile traps? Do they count? Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, drive and fly safely.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home