Friday, June 09, 2006

Day 3

Day 3: 6-7-06

Today we went out into the field again and set three array traps up. They were 1 ½ hours out and 1 ½ hours back. When we got back we learned how to do the data transfer on the GPS units then that was it for the day. The array traps consist of three funnel traps each 120 degrees apart connected to a central bucket by heavy black plastic which snakes and other reptiles will follow because the heat from the plastic. Then the animals fall into the buckets or climb into the funnel traps.
The other wildlife technician that is living with me for now and I went to the gorge since we didn’t have a key to the house yet and our roommates weren’t back yet. It was beautiful. Then all the wildlife people plus our two roommates and one of the girl’s husbands went to a Thai restaurant for dinner. It was my first time eating Thai food. I got the chicken stir fry with carrots, broccoli and cabbage and found it to be pretty good.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jailgy said...

What is that? A lizard?

11:10 PM  
Blogger Jailgy said...

Pleas don't fall down into that gorge.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Gliterwolf said...

That is a Leopard Lizard. I know I forgot to put that in the blog. I'm going to go through and elaborate some.
I won't :)

12:19 AM  
Blogger Gliterwolf said...

That is why I am holding onto the wall. It's a whoooy place under the road.

12:21 AM  
Blogger SAJ said...

Thai food is yummy!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Gramma said...

Gorge was beautiful! Was told that good writers get rid of every "was" and to use more specific verbs...I just like was. Our nesting delores dove was attacked during the night. A monster cat climbed the trellis and knocked the hanging basket complete with dried up petunias and alyssum down. The next day we saw delores and one fledging.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home