Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy

This week we are at a riparian plot with lots of pokey bushes. The area is really pretty and right next to the Jarbidge River but along with that also comes wild rose bushes and current bushes and such. Needless to say, my arms are covered in scratches and everyday I do an obstacle course but I will have to say I am still glad to be on the wildlife team and not any of the others. Scratches and all I would rather be measuring Deer Mice over looking for one particular plant or measuring the abundance of all the different plants. We were expecting to get some wood rats or water shrews in this habitat but nothing yet just a ton of deer mice, one canyon mouse (they look like a deer mouse but have really long tails, the guy in the picture is my mentor J. Klott) and a spotted skunk.
In other parts of my life there is complete chaos right now. I am packing, not only for my trip to So. Cal. but I am packing everything. My roommates decided it might be a good idea to move into the smaller house a little earlier so we can save some money before Alaska goes home. The most logical date to move would be the first and I totally agreed with their plan, however, I won't be getting back to Twin until the second. They agreed to move my stuff if I can pack it up before I leave. I have pretty much accomplished this, my pictures are down my clothes are packed and everything is stacked nicely in the corner. They said they would pack everything downstairs including the kitchen stuff. I don't think this will be such a bad thing, I'm just nervous about not moving some of my more delicate things. On second thought I think I will just put some of those things in my car and bring them with me and unload them when I get back.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jailgy said...

That mouse has a really curly whisker! Looking forward to seeing you for my birthday, too!

11:31 PM  
Blogger SAJ said...

good idea.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am refusing to acknowledge that you have a life of your own ;)

9:43 AM  
Blogger Gliterwolf said...

The curly whisker is actually a piece of fluff we put in the trap to let them make nests.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Gramma said...

All that greenery reminds me of Pennsylvania. Did you get all your stuff moved. Howabout last pick of bedrooms in your new place. It's only for a little while longer, then the NEW challenge.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home